AMI Stadium is located at 95 Jack Hinton Drive, Addington, Christchurch
If you are coming to a ticketed event it will pay to keep an eye on the event page on What's on as this is where you find up to date information for specific events. Otherwise, we have put the following information together to help you find your way.
Always allow more time than you expect to get to and from the venue and aim to arrive at least 45 minutes before the start of the rugby or event.
Traffic congestion can be heavy for the majority of events particularly if there are other events taking place in the precinct or during peak commuter travel times.
Jack Hinton Drive (between Whiteleigh Ave and Twigger St) is closed on large event days. Off-street parking is also often restricted. To check to see if there is a Traffic Management Plan in place for an event, visit www.transportforchristchurch.govt.nz.
Parking is very limited in and around the stadium on event days, particularly when events are on at the Arena or Raceway.
Disability parking is available onsite via the Wrights Road entry. Vehicles must have a valid and appropriate Mobility Pass visible.
If you require a taxi pick up post event we recommend you book this well in advance as taxis can be in high demand in particular later in the evening.
Metro Bus Stops are located nearby on Lincoln Road and Whiteleigh Ave. Visit www.metroinfo.org.nz for more information and timetables.
Pedestrian access is available from all points of entry in to the area. Please stay on footpaths and sides of roads for your safety
and that of others.
Bike racks are available for cyclists and are by the entrance gates. Please ensure that you lock your bikes securely to the rack.
AMI Stadium is smokefree at all times
Please note while we endeavour to communicate as much as possible, Promoters and Event Owners/Operators may amend these Conditions of Entry at short or no notice for reasons of safety and security.
All persons entering the Stadium must be appropriately dressed.
The right of admittance is reserved to Stadium staff and decision will be final. In particular no person will be permitted entry to the Stadium with:
- bare feet
- clothing containing offensive messages (or gang patches)
- inappropriate costume
- high visibility reflective clothing
Patrons may be refused entry to or asked to leave the Stadium if they:
- are not in possession of a valid ticket or pass
- are the subject of a current trespass order
- attempt to bring in, or are found with, prohibited items (Full list of items below)
- appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, or otherwise behave in a disorderly or offensive manner
- refuse to undergo a breathalyser test
- fail to comply with security or gate staff requests, including submission to a search
- are carrying out illegal or unauthorised activities within the Stadium
- Unopened clear plastic non-alcoholic drink bottle under 1 litre
- Homemade food items for personal consumption eg. sandwich
- Personal umbrella not exceeding 1m - please note no umbrellas within seating bowls
- Alcohol or Illegal Substances
- Cans / Glass
- Chilly Bins
- Unsealed Bottles or Containers of any size
- Drink Bottles and Containers 1 litre and over
- Flasks / Thermos
- Commercial Food eg. Fish and Chips
- Animals (except guide and hearing dogs)
- Flags with handles exceeding 1.0m
- Offensive Signs or Banners
- Whistles / Musical Instruments / Air Horns / Vuvuzelas
- Selfie Sticks/ Flares / Fireworks / Laser Lights
- Skateboards / Scooters / Prams / Strollers / Pushchairs
- Dangerous Goods / Weapons / Anything that appears to look like a weapon
- Gang patches
- Recording devices for commercial purposes
Last reviewed March 2016
21 - 67
10 - 60
Seating Bowl & Pitch
*These numbers are indicative only, and room capacity will depend on your event requirements
View the Floor Plan - PDF View the Data Sheets - PDF
Whether you’re here as a guest for an event, or you’re the one organising it, we’ve got you sorted and it’s all about choice…
Coming to the rugby, concert or show?
From hot dogs and soft drinks to antipasto platters and boutique beers, if you're at AMI Stadium for any sort of event, there will be a plenty for you to choose from around the grounds.
View the menu
Planning an event?
If you’re organising a special event then you’ve got some choices to make. Head on over to our Catering page and get inspired!
With so many precious guests walking through our doors every day we take our responsibilities very seriously.
You may be coming to your favourite concert or the famous rugby rivalry so we’re here to ensure you not only have an amazing time but also a safe one at AMI Stadium. We’ve done our research, collaborated with the right people and put measures in place so we can confidently stand by our Health & Safety Statement of Commitment.
We hope you don't have to but if you have any questions or concerns about your experience at AMI Stadium then please do get in touch so we can take the appropriate actions to ensure everyone's safe and sound.
If you’re planning an event however, then you’ll also need to be on board with all our policies and procedures so head on over to the Organisers & Exhibitors tab to get the low down >>
Whoever said the devil’s in the detail must’ve worked in events!
Whether you’re planning on bringing an amzing outdoor show, or you need an inspirational spot for the team meeting, there can be a lot of information you need to take in. Here we try to break it down a little and make the process just a bit easier for everyone.
Before you think you’ve got it covered though please remember - as with any event planning, your specific requirements may differ from what’s listed here – every event is unique and your event is definitely a bit more special!
Food & beverage options
It's all about choice. We have created our menu pack to suit the huge range of events we host here at Vbase so you can choose from a pre-set menu package, or customise your own menu from a large selection of individual items. Head on over to our Catering page and get inspired!
Health & Safety
Do you know where our responsibilities merge with yours? With new legislations in play we’ve taken extra care and attention to making sure you have everything covered ahead of your next event. Here’s a sample of documents you may come across when planning your next event at a Vbase venue.
Smart Stuff Check it House Rules - Smaller Events House Rules - Larger Events Health & Safety Policy Suite
Emergency Incident Messaging